Spiga

Each role is a dream for me: Genelia D'Souza

How did working in the south help you in Bollywood?
In the south, we go through the grind. It is an absolute learning process. I have worked there for five years and am still going strong. I want to strike a balance between the industries.

Usually, actresses who do not make it big in Bollywood turn to the south...
That’s what most people in the north think, but that isn’t true. It’s a matter of a region accepting you and you proving your mettle.

What’s keeping you busy?
Three Hindi films — one with Hurman Baweja titled It’s My Life; Life Partner, an Abbas-Mastan film; and Hook Ya Crook, by David Dhawan.

Your biggest rival in Bollywood?
I compete with myself. I’m doing fantastic films. Each role is a dream and I want to give it my best shot.

You shot a couple of scenes for Ghajini and then Asin took over?
I never shot for Ghajini, though I have the Hindi and the Tamil versions. And Asin is a very talented actress. I’m glad that girls from the south are making it big in Bollywood.

The buzz is that you are not on talking terms with Imran Khan, your hit co-star?
Absolutely not true! We met at Slumdog Millionaire’s premiere, hugged each other and are doing fine.

As a brand ambassador for Fanta, how do you react to the health minister’s stand against celebrities endorsing junk food and fizzy drinks?
He has his point. But there are ways of keeping fit and healthy. You can have the best of health food and still remain unhealthy.

A burger is not just fast food... it adds fun and excitement to that moment. Life is full of surprises and enjoyment, and I don’t think we should put a curb on them.

How do you relate to the Fanta apple flavour that was just launched?
It’s exciting, fresh. Apple is my personal favourite.

0 comments: